Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Overview Of The First Canadian Video Game Awards


Best Audio Winner:

Warhammer 40,000 Dawn Of War 2

-I have never been a fan of Warhammer and will probably never play a warhammer game so only the niche that plays this game can vouch for this.


Best Tech, Art, Game Design and Console Game:

Winner: Assasin's Creed 2

Draw(Best Tech): Prototype + Assasin's Creed 2

-All I can say here is AC 2 overkill. Come on people AC 2 was a good game but by no means spectacular. Also What is up with the draw?


Best Writing Winner: Dragon Age Origins

-This game was Canadian?


Best Downloadable Game Winner: Critter Crunch

-Really original game. If you have not gave it a shot yet you should. Great Pic.


Best Handheld Game Winner: Heros Of Might And Magic: Clash of Heros

-Ewww... Good game, not great.


Most Promising Video Game Winner: Mod Nation Racers

-This game is Canadian? Naw I knew that already but honestly this is a good pic I have heard a lot about this game.


Best In-Game Cinematics Winner: Ghostbusters The Game

-One Word: Epic!!


Game Of The Year Winner: Dragon Age Origins

-I voted for this one so I'm not arguing. Great Pic!!!


Overall Thoughts:

-It was a good show but the demographic of voters needs to increase for next year. I have a lot of French Canadian friends from Montreal and I believe most of the votes came from Montreal as the winners all seem to be similar: RPGs set in a medieval like setting.
Anyways that is my 2cents on the Canadian Video Game Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment